Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And The Rush To The Mailbox Begins....


And so it begins. A task I normally dread, usually ignore, becomes the highlight of my day! The daily rush to the mailbox has officially kicked off. Today I received my first two Christmas cards of the year. Each year I read each card and examine each picture with joy. And each year I think, "What am I going to do with these? How shall I display them? How will everyone know what beautiful messages and photographs I receive? How can I possibly share the pride and love I have for each of these families with all my loved ones?" (Since I NEVER have anyone over, nor do I have any mantle space left, the odds of anyone seeing them are pretty low.) Problem solved! Blog them all! (And hope that no one minds. It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, anyhow.) So...here we go...
This card was sent to me by my Grandma Olga (via my mother). I love the simple message on the inside...."From the humblest of places came the greatest of joys." In this crazed season of gifts and lights and ornaments and toys and paper and parties and cookies and stresses the message often gets lost. I adore the simple sentiment and graceful picture of this card. I am moved to tears, brought to my knees, when I think of the completely simplistic circumstances under which our Saviour came into this world. This card exemplifies that. Oh.....Hallmark! I couldn't have said it better myself!
And look at this angel! This is my Ella! I love, love, love this photo. I think it captures her spirit perfectly.
The inside of the card made me smile even more! Ryan, Ciara and Ella Bearden....

No comments:

Post a Comment