Monday, October 17, 2011

Nasty Bug

Ciara and I have a saying.  I think I have referenced it in prior blog posts.  When we are feeling particularly nasty we say, "I think I have been bitten by the nasty bug."  Today....I feel like I have been bitten by the entire nasty bug nest...and the queen is sitting pretty...laughing at me.  She's saying, in her best British accent, "Ha!  I've won!  I've got you, bloody hell, blah blah blah...."

I am currently sitting at my dining room table with my Aunt Velma.  She is setting up her dental plan with her insurance company and I am taking this opportunity to find what has been "right" with today; rather than "wrong" with today. 
1.  Rebecca Power completely saved me today!  Because of her kindness and generosity I was able to catch up on a LOT of work today.
2.  Valerie Mendez called to check in on me.
3.  Day Smith prayed for me.
4.  My former teachers reminded me of what is important.
5.  My mom prayed for me.
6.  Mary is on a play date...ALL day!
7.  I am about to head to Bible study.
8.  My Tessie is sitting on my lap....annoying me (but I love it).
9.  Two meetings canceled for tomorrow and I am seriously considering taking a mental health day.
10.  My sharpie markers will work perfectly to address some invitations I have ready to go.  

Tomorrow is a new day.  I am certain Bible study will renew me...as it always does.  The to-do list is slowly becoming a "to-done" list and each task is shedding away one at time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment