Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Hot Cup of Tea

My lenten promise is simple. One cup of hot tea a day for the next forty days. (Well...subtract the last six days and I am left with 34 cups of hot tea.)

I labored over what my lenten promise would be this year. In years past I have committed to a daily Bible reading over the forty day period. And while the attempt was valiant, I am almost shamed that I ONLY made the promise for a period of forty days when there are 325 more opportunities to receive God's word. I am proud, and at the same time humbled, to say that scripture has become a part of my daily life through God's grace and His gentle, guiding hand which led me to Bible Study Fellowship. (Thank you, Melanie!) I thought about what I could "take away" from myself in order to better understand "sacrifice." However, the more I thought about the Upper Room Discourse I am currently studying I thought of what Jesus asked us to do. He asked us to "love." (More specifically love one another...but I am focusing on the "love" part!) I decided to do something everyday in a show of "love" and "kindness" towards myself. A hot cup of tea is reward, ritual, rest and respite. And they come with simple sayings as well! Here is one I would like to share with you all...

"You will feel fulfilled when you do the impossible for someone else."

May you each have a blessed evening and consider treating yourself to a quite cup of hot tea. Love yourself a little....we so rarely do! Goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment