Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Heaven is for Real


My guest room TV is broken.  This is PARTICULARLY irritating to me because I can not watch The Today Show while applying my magic makeup before work.  The Today Show is where I get my "information," then I hop in my car and receive more information via NPR.  (No...I slant in no particular direction at all!)

Last year, around this time, I remember rushing around to prepare for the day and only half paying attention to a story about a little boy who claimed to have spent time in heaven.  I made a mental note to order the book so I could dive into his story with greater intent.  The book arrived and it sat on my shelf, until last week.  An opportunity for me to read this book came up.  It couldn't have been better timing.  I love moments of sincere synchronicity.  

Colton Burpo suffered a terrible ailment when his appendix ruptured and it was not removed for five days.  His body became toxic and by the time he went in for surgery, the odds were not remotely is his favor.

Miraculously (and I do not use this word lightly) Colton recovered.  Over the next few years Colton shared information with his parents about his experience in heaven.  I will NOT spoil a single detail for you; for I found his matter-of-fact, detailed descriptions THE BEST segments of this book.  I looked forward to anything in quotation marks because I knew it would be Colton sharing some divine piece of wisdom with me.  

Source

The following image created by Akiane figures prominently in the book.  Again...I refuse to spoil anything about this book for anyone...I do want to share this painting.

According to young Colton, this is exactly what Jesus looks like!  I don't know about you...but since I came across this image, I have not been able to stop staring into His eyes.  Gentle...kind...soulful...giving and forgiving....

Source

If you are a believer, and even if you are not a believer but curious about the notion of heaven, I highly recommend this sweet read.

I desperately hope everything Colton reveals is true, true, true!  While I know I have some serious work to do on this earth and in this life....the prospect of Colton's version of heaven is so exciting and gives me an enormous amount of peace.

Thank you, Burpo Family, for sharing your story.


Click here to like Fete on Facebook.
Click here to follow Fete on Pinterest.




No comments:

Post a Comment