Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lunar Cycles


Two weeks ago I waded into the Gulf of Mexico.  (Not naked...this is NOT me in the photo!)  I walked in by myself and allowed each wave to crash on me.  I leaned in further and further.  And I thought for a moment, how wildly delicious it is to be a woman.  I considered the tides and the moon.  I considered the lunar cycle and my cycle and I thought how deeply "natural" it is to be a woman.  Our being is so deeply woven in and mirrored by the cycles of nature.  I laughed at every "cyclical" complaint I have ever uttered because, really, how glorious is the cellular connection.

And, I felt a little sad for men.

When anxious, uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused. - Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments:

Post a Comment