Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday, Monday...Monday, Funday

Those who want to be prosperous must first make others prosperous.

I just uploaded/downloaded (still unsure what the verb is when I use iTunes to make a purchase) She & Him; Volume 2. I absolutely adore ANYTHING Zooey Deschanel touches (notably her wardrobe and 500 Days of Summer)....but I particularly enjoy her music. Her voice is mellow and round. She sounds, at turns full and vibrant; yet vulnerable and melancholy. Her selections and sounds transport you IMMEDIATELY to an all girl slumber party with pink rollers, record players, fuzzy slippers, love letters and sweet, innocent crushes on senior year quarterbacks who just might give you his letterman sweater! She reminds me of lace and poodle skirts, saddle shoes and two straws in a milkshake, pencil skirts and cat-eye glasses. Her melodies are also tear stained handkerchiefs, runny mascara, broken hearts and deep regret. Volume 1 and Volume 2 make me smile and I catch myself doing "The Twist" when I press play. Have fun and enjoy.....
We have bonds baby; just try to break them!
(Oh yes, Lorelai, we sure do have bonds!)

Goodnight, friends! Wishing you lavender filled dreams with sweet breezes blowing in through your window....

No comments:

Post a Comment