Sunday, November 14, 2010

Staring at a Blank Screen

For the first time in the life of this blog I am staring at this screen with absolutely no idea what to write; or "borrow" as I have been doing for some time (as you may have noticed).

I keep starting sentences and then immediately hitting the "delete" key and watch my words and feelings erase-in a backward motion.

This blog is about daily celebration.  Here's what I celebrate today....
  1. Amazing grace
  2. My support system-friends and family (and the kitties)
  3. Answered prayers
  4. Compassionate caregivers
  5. Books, Pandora and Gilmore Girls
  6. Re-defining my value system-as it pertains to me
  7. Understanding forgiveness-both given and received
  8. Laying my burdens down
  9. The power of a child
  10. My life, my breath, my health
I want to thank everyone to whom I have told my story and they have been brave enough to say, "I know...I've been there.  I love you and I pray for you."  And an even greater thanks to those of you who "haven't been there" but didn't judge me; instead quietly extended hope.  That...I think....is the greatest lesson I will take from all of this.  We can not judge because we do not walk in each other's shoes.  But most of all, we can not judge because we have been asked and warned not to; lest we be.  

As I enter this season of giving thanks I am humbled by all that I am able to give thanks for.  How undeserving this life is of God's sweet grace and yet He gives it to me; a pure gift with no expectations.  
Every relationship requires a big, honkin' leap of faith. -Rory

I'm not being evasive.  I am trying to be mysterious so 100 years from now you will still find me attractive. -Lorelai

No one invited you!  Get out, right now, before I go Bonaducci on your ass! -Paris

Yeah, that's me, I'm fast.  I am the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics. -Lorelai

People do things.  It's not pretty, it's not Disney; but it's the real world. -Sookie

So, yesterday I had to let go of the bumper because it hurts too bad.  It hurts too bad! -Lorelai
Currently I am reading The Power of Half for my December book club selection.  The Power of Half is a non fictional account of a family who literally, democratically and thoughtfully agree to give up "half" their "wealth" (for lack of a better term) in order to make an impact on individuals who might benefit from their means and their sacrifice.  I am moved by the fact that the idea was conceived by their 14 year old daughter who, while sitting at a stop light with her father, saw a homeless man to the left of their car and a black Mercedes to their right.  She told her father, "Dad...if that man had a less nice car, that man there could have a meal."  And so sprung forth the idea....

Goodnight dear friends!  May you all enjoy a wonderful week.  I am looking forward to mine...compared to recent weeks...this one will be relatively calm.  Hmph...turns out I did have something to say, after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment