Monday, November 1, 2010

Fisher Willow

This weekend I watched a film called The Loss of a Diamond Teardrop.  This film is based on a screenplay originally written by Tennessee Williams in 1957.  I LOVED this film.  I needed a period piece and I needed a beautifully crafted woman of all shades of gray to relate to this weekend.  Bryce Dallas Howard payed a tender homage to Fisher Willow in her performance of a terribly wounded, majestically outspoken, uniquely flawed and deservedly insecure woman.  Fisher Willow both simultaneously stole and spoke to the deepest recesses and corners of my heart.  I read that reviews were terrible.  I am happy I pushed aside the hype because I deeply enjoyed the movie.  And I felt as if the film were created with the subtle nuances of the "stage."  Maybe that is why the critics didn't like it as a "movie."  As a "play"...it worked beautifully.
 www.comingsoon.net

Jason: Hey!  I didn't know you were going to be here.
Lorelai: Oh well, the white rabbit ran by, I chased him down the hole and here I am.

Scene: Phone ringing
Lorelai: Hello.
Emily: It's a complete disaster!!!!!!
Lorelai: My existence?
Emily: Not everything is about you, Lorelai.
Lorelai: Oh.

Honestly, Lorelai!  It's not your looks that keep them away.  You should think about that. -Emily


Nothing is as beautiful as when she believes in me. -Ben Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment