Monday, April 2, 2012

A Whole Lotta Enchilada

Go ahead.  Believe the hype.  It's true.  



Pinners don't lie.  These are THE BEST white chicken enchiladas!  Thank you to Joyful Momma's Kitchen for posting this delicious recipe.

I made a few, minor changes: 
1) I bought home made corn tortillas instead of the 10 soft taco shells.  (I am not even sure what "soft taco shells" are!)
2) I used low sodium chicken broth so I could control the salt.
3) I used the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for baking chicken.  (It NEVER fails me!)  
4) To the chicken/cheese mixture I added onions, salt and pepper.
5) I chopped up cilantro and sprinkled it on top of the enchiladas.
6) I doubled the recipe and managed to make 22 enchiladas fit in two 9x13 Pyrex dishes.  ( I way overestimated.  One pan fed roughly 10 people.)

Serve with rice, beans, guacamole and margaritas and you've got a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment