Friday, March 4, 2011

Silent Auction-Year Two

On Thursday, February 24, 2011 The Friends of The Children's Bereavement Center of South Texas celebrated its 10th Annual Hearts in Harmony Gala.  Below are some photos of our Silent Auction.  These were the only photos I had time to shoot.  Once Silent Auction and Gala got underway, I completely forgot I even had a camera.  Hell, I forgot I even had a name!  Anyhow...enjoy the photos.












To everyone who supported me, secured a donation item, collected a donation item, decorated a donation item, suggested an item, set up, tore down, volunteered, calculated, fielded questions, called my name out 20 times before I was able to address the situation, prayed, reminded me to chill, listened to me lament, sensed the tension in my voice, honored my obsessive compulsive tendencies, reigned in my obsessive compulsive tendencies, purchased an item, bid on an item....and drove all the way in from Austin AND back on the same day.....I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

No more Silent Auction!  I officially resigned my chairmanship.  I would like to explore different positions on the board.  This two year projects has taught me a lot about myself.  Some good; some not so good.  The ultimate goal, however, never changed: to foster healing for grieving families in this community.

Thank you, Friends Board, for trusting me with this project.  It has been an honor to serve you all!  Most of all, thank you for believing in me....when maybe I didn't believe in myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment