Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Fish Tale: Part II

As promised...my recipe for fresh black drum!

This is mostly a chance for me to use what I learned in Tasteography 101...but sadly this picture does not at ALL capture how cool this looked in my kitchen (despite all the doctoring).  I challenged myself to only use my cell phone for this shoot because you can do so many things with different apps.  Sadly, I was in a rush and didn't end up liking too many of the images.  Oh well, better luck next time!

Essentially, I salted two fillets.  I then (heavily) spritzed them with fresh lemon juice.  I added a few pats of butter across the top.  I gently and mindfully tossed a bit of paprika on them for some color and a bit of smoky pepper-i-ess.  

I baked them for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.  

Now...here is where the seafood purists will probably have ME de-boned!  I popped the Pyrex out of the oven and grated a TINY bit of Parmesan cheese on the fillets.  I also took two scallions and laid they across the fillets.  I tossed it back into the oven and set the broiler on for 4-5 minutes.

Garnish with parsley and there you have it!  DEE.LISH!

You know when "they" say fresh fish should smell like nothing...it really did smell like nothing.  I can NEVER say that for anything I purchase up here.  


Click here to like Fete on Facebook.
Click here to follow Fete on Pinterest.
Click here to follow Fete on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment