Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bad, Bad, Bad...

You know it is bad when you are receiving text messages from friends saying, "When are you going to update your blog?" Again...I have no excuse. I can't even blame Facebook this time. I simply haven't had much to say.

Last week was my first "official" week back to work. While it was lovely to see old work friends, I am still trying to readjust to the schedule. I found myself quite sleepy last week. Additionally, I had something to do every evening last week! No...I am NOT complaining...just trying to explain why there has not been a post since last Sunday.
This week I saw Julie & Julia (I also saw 500 Days of Summer~fantastic!). For those of you who do not know Julie & Julia is a movie about Julie Powell who cooked 584 recipes from Julia Child's cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking over a period of 365 days! She blogged faithfully EACH day! I was amazed! I mean...I find it hard enough to blog EVERY DAY...never mind serving up a fine French feast AND going to work EVERY DAY! I was inspired. However....I must have been only mildly inspired because I saw the movie on Thursday and I have only logged on to post today. Anyhow...at the end of the movie I turned to my mom and said, "You know...I started my blog to chronicle daily celebrations and as an outgrowth, to stay busy and find things to blog about. Now I am so busy, I don't have time to blog! Guess my plan worked!" So...today I celebrate the fact that the blog served it's purpose!

I am hoping to be more faithful this week....although I can already see where this week is shaping up to look exactly like last week! Busy, busy, busy all week long. Staying busy serves me well. I am the type of person who needs to stay busy. If not....I could have a repeat of today....which wasn't pretty! It was Movie Marathon Sunday. I laid in bed and watched The Manchurian Candidate, The Graduate and Some Like It Hot. The only thing that took me away from the television was an occasional nap. It struck me...I was no better than my cats today!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish my friend Lisa a very Happy Birthday!

Happy Sunday, friends. For those of you welcoming fresh faces tomorrow....best wishes. You are charged with a beautiful task. I know it isn't always easy....but you all amaze me every day!

Goodnight.....

1 comment:

  1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a cat-like day every once in awhile. it is a luxury that many don't have, so celebrate that you can lounge in bed and veg out!!!! I did the same thing yesterday and feel like a new person! Laura G.

    ReplyDelete