Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Footprints

Today I celebrate another year of life. Today I leave my 33rd year and move into my 34th. I have had a hard time with this transition mostly because my mother told me (and Najla) my 33rd year was the most important. It was the year that Christ did most of his work and died. Last year on this day I expected MIRACLES for this year! Instead I was handed the most difficult year of my life thus far. However, I surprised myself! In the midst of adversity a completely different person arrived. I choose to believe the only way the new and improved Patty...we'll call her "Patty 2.0" emerged was because Christ was carrying her the entire way. So....it seemed beyond fortuitous and coincidental that I was able to begin this day with a long walk on the beach. I have always felt God and His presence most when I am around water. (I suppose it has to do with baptism and the whole "washing away" feeling.) I thanked God for a number of things, asked for a number of things for myself, for my family, for my friends and for those I love who I know are currently suffering greatly. I also said to God it was okay to drop me off and let me create my own footprints in the sand for a while..............
These are my Happy Birthday Feet! (I was alone on the walk so this was the only part of me I could really photograph! But I thought it might be a nice way to remember my early morning birthday walk.)
Above are some friends that I met along my walk. Surprisingly they were not afraid of me!
Finally....you will all see my birthday wish above! No pressure...but this is what I would like to receive for my 35th!

I would like to also celebrate the many blessings that have been placed in my life in the form of angels. You all know who you are and I couldn't be luckier! Know that I am thinking of each of you today and your unique impact on my life. You are all the best birthday present I could ever ask for! Thank you for loving me.

Have a wonderful day......

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Patty // it is quite a day to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Johnny! It has been a wonderful day! You were right...Kiawah is beautiful! Having a splendid time!

    ReplyDelete