Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Vacation Part II

From Savannah we traveled north to Kiawah Island, South Carolina. A friend of Dad's suggested Kiawah Island and put Dad in contact with the organization responsible for the island rentals. As luck would have it we were upgraded...at no additional charge...to a condominium facing the water.

This is the back side of the building we stayed in.
This is the building our condominium was in. Our condo is the second balcony below the second chimney from the right. Did that make sense? That is the best way I can think to describe it!
Below are several photos of the view from our balcony. It was so wonderful to sit out there in the early morning and early evening and read, pray, or simply watch the beach-goers.

Above are some photos of the boardwalk to get to the beach. (For some reason I am not being allowed to type underneath each photo. I have learned that Blogger often has it's own agenda and I need to honor it. Not an easy task for someone who wants things to "look" a certain way. However, today I don't feel like fighting the Blogger program. It simply isn't worth the wasted energy, is it?)

Kiawah Island is completely untouched by time. There is one area...that looks much like a village...where EVERYTHING you might need is located. The grocery store, pharmacy, architects, builders, book store, coffee shop, etc are all centralized in this one location. The rest of the island consists of homes, condominiums, golf courses, neighborhood pools and the like. To be honest Mom and I seized the opportunity to relax in the condo, read, rest and not put on any makeup! Now that is what I call a vacation. (Oh...and there were signs EVERYWHERE reading, "Beware of Alligators." Now all of you who know me well will undoubtedly be laughing at me, again. Can I ever escape lizards on my vacations? As a result I was most afraid to walk anywhere alone!)

Kiawah Island is about 30 minutes from Charleston, South Carolina. The next post will highlight our day in Charleston.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening, friends. I have been lazy...AGAIN! I love me some Sunday laziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment