Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Return of Gilmore-isms

It's 4am and I can't sleep...AGAIN! So I thought I would update the blog. This will be a quick entry because I am going to read my bible study notes.
Today was the first "cool" day of the season. I celebrate the tiny cold front! This is my favorite time of the year....hands down. I feel about autumn the way Lorelai feels about snow. All the greatest things in my life have happened in the fall...or at least that is the way it feels. I look forward to keeping the windows open, taking pictures in a pumpkin patch, pulling out my boots and sweaters, purchasing pumpkins and gourds and baking a pumpkin cake! (Who will I invite over? Maybe Jace's love of sweets will trump her disdain for my kitties just this once?) Admittedly this day was filled with hope and didn't exactly play out the way I imagined it....you know...there was rain involved. But on the whole....the cool breeze felt yummy on my skin!
This tip came to me recently. Do you love chips....Cheetos, Doritos, etc? You CAN eat the regular chips....in moderation. Or you can eat a few more of the baked version. You would be surprised how many baked Cheetos you can squeeze into a portion size AND how similar they are to the REAL thing! When you purchase your bag of chips read the nutritional information on the back. Grab some small plastic Ziploc baggies. Immediately count them out and separate the portions into the Ziploc baggies. This serves a couple of purposes. First it is easy to grab the baggie and throw it into your purse or lunch box. Second the portion size is already counted out for you. And finally....the temptation to grab a few more is GONE!
Lorelai: I hate admitting it because I fancy myself Wonder Woman; but I really want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment