Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eating My Words

www.twilight.com
It has happened.  I have learned my lesson.  Never shall I say "NEVER" again.  Never shall I make fun of a group of people who feel so fervently, so passionately, for a book series/movie saga again.  (I mean...look at me an Gilmore's Girls for crying out loud.  I should have never been making fun of the "Twi-hards" in the first place!)

As many of you may know my cousin, Marisa Quintanilla is currently filming Breaking Dawn.  She is playing the part of Huelin.  I have not actually read any of these books so I don't know how to describe her character.  But I know she belongs to the "vampire" clan, as opposed to the "werewolf" clan.  Ever the proud cousin (oh yes, I DID sit through Road House II-how many of you knew there was a sequel?  Rent it...she's in it.) I decided to jump on the band wagon and familiarize myself with the movies.

To be honest I fell asleep through Twilight three different times.  It took me a number of attempts to get through it.  It was dark and sleepy and she was maudlin and annoying me.  However, I persevered.  I owe this to my cousin, right?  Immediately after I finished Twilight, I fed New Moon into the DVD player.  I stayed awake for this one.  Oh wait, no, I fell asleep...that was the week I was operating on little sleep and high emotion.  I can't help it...these movies lend themselves to snuggling up on a dreary day and drifting off into a netherworld of vampire clouds.  Admittedly, I am still a little lost about why Edward went away to Italy and the whole Voltari thing but I enjoyed New Moon.  It was during New Moon I pledged my allegiance to Team Edward.  I can't help it.  He is a 109 year old man stuck in a 17 year old body.  Seriously?  What 35 year old woman would not find his gentle and tender way of loving Bella intoxicating?

As expected...after New Moon I was eager to get my hands on Eclipse.  Now...I am just left waiting, wondering, how does this story end?  Actually....I coerced a friend into telling me how it ends.  In the erstwhile (oooooh...I like that word) I have become obsessed with the Eclipse soundtrack; and in particular this one song called "My Love" by Sia.  So haunting and mystical....the background to Edward's proposal...you know with the vintage ring?  Sigh!

Heightening my foaming anticipation of Breaking Dawn are Marisa's daily texts and varied phone calls.  She can't say much, for obvious reasons.  But what I can say is that EVERYONE she has worked with, from the biggest names to the lowliest wardrobe person, have treated her with kindness and respect.  She seems to be having a positive experience and for that....I am even more grateful to God.  He answered our prayers by allowing her this opportunity and is sweetening it with genuine individuals.

I can't wait!!!!!
"My Love"
by Sia

My love, leave yourself behind
Beat inside me, leave you blind
My love, you have found peace
You were searching for relief

You gave it all, gave into the call
You took a chance and
You took a fall for us

You came thoughtfully, loved me faithfully
You taught me honor, you did it for me

Tonight you will sleep for good
You will wait for me my love

Now I am strong (Now I am strong)
You gave me all
You gave all you had and now I am home

My love, leave yourself behind
Beat inside me, leave you blind
My love, look what you can do
I am mending, I'll be with you

You took my hand added a plan
You gave me your heart
I asked you to dance with me

You loved honestly
Did what you could release
Aaaahhh oooh

I know you're pleased to go
I won't relieve this love

Now I am strong (Now I am strong)
You gave me all
You gave all you had and now I am home

My love, leave yourself behind
Beat inside me, I'll be with you
oooooohh ooooh
Du du du ooooooh 

I am a sucker for Twilight now......Dang it!  I hate having to retract all my sarcastic Twilight comments.  Lesson learned.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Patty! It still makes me sad that you are Team Edward. I know Jacob has issues (and icky ones at that...yeah, thanks Meyer!) but he is still HOT! I didn't like the ring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty! You MUST read the books! I am serious! There will be no sleeping! I promise!

    ReplyDelete