Monday, October 11, 2010

Me and Julio.....

I am always AMAZED at how quickly my mood can be instantaneously changed upon hearing "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard!"  Thank you, Paul Simon, for creating a song that can take me from "blah" to "LAAAAAAA" in 1 second flat!  I challenge anyone to NOT dance around your house with a silly, silly grin while singing, "I'm on my way!  I don't know where I'm goin'!  I'm on my way; takin' my time but I don't know where....Goodbye Rosie, Queen of Corona!  See me and Julio down by the school yard."  Ohhhhhh.....that made my day!  And yes...it looked just an goofy as you can probably imagine!
And because we are STILL celebrating (until tomorrow) I have a few more precious quips for you to enjoy....

I don't think you had a childhood; I think you came out a bitter, surly, killjoy. -Taylor

Boys are so malleable! -Lorelai

With Lorelai Gilmore it is "Trust, but verify!" -Lorelai

Rory: She won't let me leave, EVER.  This is Iran in '79 and you are Jimmy Carter.  What do we do?
Lorelai: First, we lose the Jimmy Carter comparison.

Is anyone thinking I can make some money buy creating a "Gilmore-ism a Day" flippy calendar?  You know...the one with the spiral at the top.  You flip it daily and email the quip to the people in your office.  Who do I need to get in touch with to create that?  
I had the honor of attending a wonderful wedding celebration this weekend.  The ceremony was held outside, at sunset, under the most perfect violet blue sky.  I opened the program and read the following:

The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you,
not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.
-Rumi

I sincerely wish you all a sweet, sweet Monday night.  I am so pumped right now...I just want to keep dancing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment