Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cranberry Frizzsparkle

I needed a non alcoholic beverage for a party I hosted on Sunday.  I wanted to create something in keeping with the season but that had a sparkly kick to it without having to rely on champagne or prosecco.  

It is no exaggeration when I say I purchased some stuff and threw it together and summoned the mixology gods to shine their liquid light down upon me.  

Here's how it went...and I don't remember ounces so I am just going to call things big and medium, etc. Incredibly technical and precise, I know.  

Ingredients
1 big ass bottle of cranberry juice
1 plastic bottle of Topo Chico*---the biggest vessel it comes in---you know the one
simple syrup
cranberries
orange
nutmeg
*Any non-flavored sparkling water will work if your grocer does not carry Topo Chico

1) In a small saucepan bring 4 cups of water to a boil
2) Add 1 cup sugar
3) Zest in one orange
4) Grate in a smidge of nutmeg
5) Allow the sugar to completely dissolve and set aside for the syrup to thicken
6) Pour cranberry juice into a large bowl or glass vessel with a spigot
(Make sure the spigot is in the "closed" position...I learned that one the hard way!)
7) Pour in simple syrup through a sifter or sieve or colander...just try to get the orange bits separated out
8) Stir, stir, stir, stir some more, stir a lot
9) JUST prior to your event toss in your sparkling water
10) Add a bag of cranberries for pretty-ness sake
11) Enjoy over ice

So...clearly some vodka can be splashed in for good measure...if that's your thing.  Or even consider substituting sparkling water with your favorite sparkling spirit

I am, admittedly not a fan of cranberry, but I really enjoyed this!

Click here to like Fete on Facebook.
Click here to follow Fete on Pinterest.
Click here to follow Fete on Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment