Sunday, September 5, 2010

Days of Rest

Today I am grateful for two days of rest. Jace' and I have a thing we call "Going MIA." Essentially I have gone MIA for the last day and a half and while that may seem strange to others; it isn't strange to me. (Nor is it strange to Jace'!)

I wish I could say that during the last day and a half I have done anything worthwhile. But the truth is, I haven't. I DID get my hair cut and colored (thank goodness...the grays were coming in BIG TIME). I also played around a bit in the backyard; but beyond that NOTHING of any great significance. I watched a movie called Multiple Sarcasms which was of little help. Story about a man with a perfectly GREAT life, great wife, neat kid and he throws it all away and doesn't do anything about it except write a play about it. I wanted to like him but I was mostly disgusted by how selfish he was and how many people he hurt....and was doing it WILLINGLY. So....I guess I don't recommend it....unless you just want to appreciate some amazing performances by Timothy Hutton, Dana Delany, Mira Sorvino, Stockard Channing and Mario van Peebles.

I have started to dip my toes into the chilly Silent Auction waters. Though mostly just ideas right now; the ideas are at least starting to take shape and force themselves into action. It feels sort of like auto-pilot right now. The beautiful part is that I have an ENTIRE village of support and I know that Silent Auction will be a success simply because of my circle of support!

Okay....this blog is taking a dip into a place I NEVER intended it to go. Remember...this is only about daily celebrations! So...it is time for me to stop typing, re-group and realize all that is right with this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment