Sunday, September 12, 2010

Three Little Words

Today I celebrate three little words. The words are "I love you." Without question I have heard those three little words more often in the past few months than ever before. Now...that's not to say that those words were EVER missing from my life. Quite the contrary. I grew up in a home where "I love you" was often expressed between my parents and between my parents and I. I have been in several relationships where love was verbally expressed and goodness knows I have a number of cherished friendships where the words "I love you" are exchanged with sweet and meaningful frequency.

I have no real understanding or explanation for why "I love you" has been landing on me with greater consistency and from a variety of individuals. All I can come up with is maybe I just haven't been listening? I have prayed for an open heart, open eyes and open ears for some time now. I have also prayed to be a more open "receiver" of love. Maybe this is God's answers to my prayers....but I suspect the words have been there all along. I just needed to open up to hear them....and believe I was worth receiving them.

Last night I had the sweetest dream. Someone important told me they loved me. And in the dream I said, "Thank you." I'd like to think that expression was true and real and that even in my dreams I can be open to receiving love.
"I hope that I find what I'm reaching for the way that it is in my mind....
But I won't let it change me; not if I can.
I'd rather believe in love.
And give it away as much as I can to those that I am fondest of."
- Waylon Jennings (and also Cowboy Junkies)

Goodnight dear friends! Tomorrow I challenge you to express your love to someone....maybe someone new. It might make all the difference in the world!

The next blog entry will be far less sappy! I am excited to introduce you all to the best hamburger I have ever eaten in my entire life.............

No comments:

Post a Comment