Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Eyes of Texas

 Thank you, Richard Linklater and Skip Hollandsworth!  Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing me an experience worth leaving my house.
Are you from 'round here?  Have you been to Texas?  Have you breathed in the direction of Texas?  Have you ever thought of visiting Texas?  Then, my friend, this movie is for you.  It smacks of Pineywoods, East Texas honey covered, intrigue with just a hint of "somethin' ain't right, here."  Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine and Matthew McConaughey (and his momma) turn in award winning performances.  But the real stars are the REAL citizens of Carthage, TX perfectly cast as your lovable, Methodist, God-fearing, well intentioned loving people.

A proud, life long Texan, I am feelin' just a little bit more sassy this evening!  Go see this...before it leaves your local art-house cinema.  (San Antonio...it is currently at The Bijou.)
Speaking of The Pineywoods of Texas....
I am about a quarter of the way done with this memoir.  You know...it is a rare thing to actually KNOW the author of the book you are reading.  It really is something to look them in the eye and ask them the questions that led them to paper.  I, currently, have this privilege.

Sandy Foster Morrison came into my life two weeks ago...for a reason.  The word "synchronicity" was made for experiences like these.  

Going to her homepage will reveal my relationship to Sandy...and I am okay with that.  I am not a person of secrets...never have been...never will be.  Just like this photo...Sandy is holding me up...in a rather infantile state and guiding me with knowledge and wisdom granted to her by God, The Goddess, The Universe...call it what you will....she is a gifted author, a gifted therapist, a gifted woman and a powerful human being.  

I choose God...really Jesus...and His path led me straight to Viva Books and what I thought would be a "lecture" on intuition.  Few experiences have changed my life.  That Saturday afternoon at Viva Books....was one of them.

Look for information, via Fete and Facebook, for further workshops offered by Sandy!  When I think of Sandy...one word comes to mind...Sass-a-frass!  And that, my friends, is a compliment of the HIGHEST degree!
"I will dance, I will sing and my life shall be gay....but I long to see him and regret the dark hour...he's gone and neglected his pale wildwood flower." -June Carter Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment