Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A New Format!

I really don't know what day it is! I have been confused all day. I took the morning off and I LOVED IT! I slept in...just a tad. I wore my favorite dress and favorite boots (always makes a lady walk a little taller, a little lighter!) I took tacos to the campaign headquarters. After that I spent some time with an old friend. She has been a guiding force in my life since I graduated from college. We had a wonderful discussion about where I am at in my life and how I might move forward with courage and silence the little voices (not real ones) that sometimes take over called "fear of failure" and "fear of rejection!" She is a lovely woman whom I admire and respect greatly! You know who you are. It was wonderful to see you again and I look forward to our visits in the future. I am so grateful that you have been a part of my adult life.

Last night I attended another mayoral forum at The Dominion. It was hosted by their Homeowners Association. My oldest and dearest friend recently moved into that neighborhood. "Crystal" and I convinced her to come to the forum and ask a question that is of great importance to her. She bravely raised her hand and asked the candidates where they stood with regards to animal control and animal cruelty. I think this questions hits close to home for everyone as most of us have grown up with very special pets in our life. I am certain after she delivers Baby Gianna in June she will be working hard to volunteer her efforts in the fight against animal cruelty, better animal care services, animal care education and mobile spay and neuter units. In our entire lives (we have been friends since we were 3) I have never known her to NOT get what she wants. She achieves whatever she sets out to do. This is her passion and I encourage her to follow it! Below is a picture we took immediately following the forum. We have come such a long way........

Amber (the brilliant) has created some new graphics for me so that it will be easier for the reader to "fast forward" to the section they want. (I am not kidding myself...only Vegas Val is reading the Gilmore Girls tribute so now you all have a heads up when it is coming and you can skip it!) I hope you like the graphics and that they work well with the design of the blog!

Today's celebration is my garden. Well to be honest the word "garden" suggests order or purposeful disorder, correct? There is nothing of the sort going on in my backyard. In fact, I have ignored all plant life back there for some time. And it has not rained much in San Antonio. So it is safe to say the plants grow in spite of me! Yesterday afternoon I came home and decided, "Enough!" The plants were in need of some serious tender loving care and since a professional gardner is only slightly out of the budget (insert sarcasm here) it was up to me. It was a gorgeous Texas spring day and a nice opportunity for the kitties to come out and play. I took pictures of these two beautiful flowers that have bloomed with no help from me. In fact....I am NOT deserving of these gorgeous flowers. I have certainly neglected them. But I thought it was amazing that despite the sad, sad, sad nature of the back patio beauty can still thrive! (It's an easy metaphor for life. Corny, I know. But I felt the need to draw the obvious parallel. Indulge me.)

Right now I am lovin' "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." It is laugh out loud, raunchily (is that a word) hilarious! I am at the beginning of season 2 and I look forward to the insanely sociopathic, compassion-less antics of each of these characters. Their moral repugnance completely works! Perhaps this show is like the alter ego of all of us? The things we wish we could do and say or think about doing and saying but social norms and the good voices in our heads prevent us from behaving in such and infantile and base manner. Still....they make me laugh!


Lorelai: Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee I stop doing the standing and walking and the word putting into sentence doing.
Luke: I'll make you some coffee.

As always...it's late and I am sleepy. I am looking forward to gettin' under the covers and visiting with my four friends from South Philly!
Goodnight friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment